VJ London & SEA ArtsFest present
A day of contemporary audiovisual culture featuring new international collaborations, performances, discussion, installations, fashion and film screenings.
As part of a special one-day programme presented by SEA ArtsFest at Rich Mix on 4th October 2014.
Installation: ‘Transmission’ by Pamm Suki and Shaun Crook
Singapore and London are both rapidly growing cities where the urban landscape is constantly changing, adapting to modern needs of its generation. Using holographic 3D composite imagery ‘Transmission’ is a link between the rich histories of each city and their inhabitants, forming a marriage as a conversation to the future.
Presentations & discussion: Developing our projects and networks
How can we use and share our combined knowledge and insights to help foster this emerging network of artists?
– Joe Catchpole, Co-ordinator of VJ London
– Clive Lyttle, Officer, Arts Council England
– Annie Jael Kwan, Festival Producer, SEA ArtsFest & Producer, Khmer Passages
– Christopher Thomas Allen, Creative Director and Founder, The Light Surgeons
– Dan Tsu, Lyrix Organix
– Sharliza Jelita, Artist
– Pamm Suki, Artist
– Shaun Crook, Artist
– Yue Han, Artist
Showcasing projects with artists from S.E Asia, including Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia and further afield…featuring work from:
– Christopher Thomas Allen, The Light Surgeons (SuperEverything – Malaysia)
– Dan Tsu, Lyrix Organix (Cambodia)
– Lee Thanh Tung, VJ Showcase (Vietnam)
Fashion presentation: RENOVATIA by Riyan Haffys & Shaun Prickimage
RENOVATIA is a capsule Autumn|Winter 2014 collection by Riyan Haffys presented as a moving, immersive exhibition amongst the audience with the garments modelled by dancers. With Walkabout Projection by Shaun Prickimage.
Live Audiovisual Performances
– Sharliza Jelita (Singapore): A talented singer-songwriter accompanied by newly-commissioned visuals from the VJ London network.
– Orbital Cinema: Networked live cinema performance by Teow Yue Han in collaboration with Urich Lau Wai Yuen in Singapore.
Date & Time
4th October 2014
3pm to late
Rich Mix – Venue 2
35-47 Bethnal Green Road
London E1 6LA
3pm-6pm: Free entry, no booking required.
7pm- onwards: £5 (available at the door)